| The York Simcoe Express Hockey Association is pleased to announce the opening of registration for tryouts for the 2019/2020 AAA hockey season.
Please note the following important information regarding tryouts and registration:
- ALL players who wish to tryout for the York Simcoe Express MUST supply a Permission to Skate Form from their home centre at the first tryout. Players WILL NOT be allowed on the ice if they do not have a Permission to Skate Form.
- Waivers are granted by the Coach of the team for your birth year ONLY. The VP of Hockey Operations WILL NOT provide a waiver without the Coach confirming the release of the player from the team the player was trying out for. Players that want to receive an F1 waiver must attend tryouts.
- The cost for tryouts is $40.00 for 1.5 hours, and $50.00 for 2 hours. Payment must be made in cash.
- Online registration is now closed. Players must register at the first tryout they attend. Be sure to bring along the Permission to Skate form to the first tryout.
An additional $10.00 administration charge will apply for those who do not register in advance.
- All players are reminded to wear proper equipment per the OMHA rules. This includes, mouth guards, neck protection and goalie 'dangles' (plastic neck guards). Players not wearing appropriate protection in compliance with OMHA rules will be removed from the ice surface.
- Please note that this season, tryouts for the Major Midget Team will take place during the April session for 'in-zone' players.
- Tryout dates, specific times, and venues are posted on the Tryout Schedule.
Note: There are no separate goalie tryouts this year. The goalies will be integrated into the tryouts with the other players.
GOOD LUCK to all.